When you get to finish work early and come home absolutely starving the only logical thing to do is bake cookies, right?
These are the sort of super cookies which can be devoured during that 3pm slump without the sugar crash but instead will give you energy to sustain you if your not as lucky as me and have to stay at work all day!
Hemp seeds are probably quite new to some people, but I absolutely love them and eat them almost everyday! Like quinoa, hemp seeds are a complete protein source meaning they contain all of the essential amino acids which your body cannot produce so you have to get from food. I add them to my smoothies all the time but adding them any sweet baked goods is always a good idea.
The use of cacao nibs rather than chocolate chips is also a fantastic swap to make in baking recipes. Less sugar, more nutrition! Can’t go wrong.
Chocolate Coconut & Hemp Cookies
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 1/4 cups almond meal
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup
- 3 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 free range egg
- pinch of salt
- Pre heat oven to 180
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix using a large spoon until fully combined
- Spoon 2 table spoons worth of the mixture onto a lined baking tray, shaping into a round
- Bake for 12 minutes, watching that they don’t burn
- Allow to cook fully before eating!