For all you cherry ripe lovers out there, I present you with my twist on the classic chocolate bar!
I remember eating many a cherry ripe during my childhood, they aren’t everyone’s cup of tea, but to those who do love them, I am offering you a healthy alternative which is pretty bang on flavour and texture wise!
The texture of these bars is spot on, rich chocolate coating, chewy coconut filling with a tangy raspberry flavour! I promise you wont miss the cherries once you bite into one of these, the raspberry flavour works perfectly.
You can either make your own chocolate using coconut oil or else ensure you use 80% or more dark chocolate to ensure you get all those antioxidants and less sugar!
Raspberry Ripe Bars
- 2 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 – 1 cup frozen raspberries – depending on how strong you want the flavour
- 150g 85% dark chocolate OR make your own
- Place all ingredients apart from raspberries and chocolate into food processor and blend until just combined
- Add in the raspberries and pulse again until just combined, scraping down sides if neccesary
- Press mixture into a lined tin and place in the freezer to set for an hour or so
- Once set, slice up into bars of your desired size
- Melt chocolate over a double boiler, or alternatively make your own using coconut oil
- Dip bars into chocolate and place back into the fridge to set
- Store in the fridge
All done! They are seriously yummy, test them out on your kids and see if they can tell the difference!