All I can say is wow! This was the best stack of pancakes ive ever made! The recipe is super easy and theres loads of ways you can change it up!
I added maca root powder to the recipe, which is optional, but adds a whole load of nutrition to the pancakes, so if you can get your hands on some I highly reccomend! Maca has been used to treat many different ailments such as PMS symptoms and to increase libido in both males and females. Here is a little list of some other health benefits of maca root…
• increases energy
• increases libido and fertility
• better sleep
• helps your body adapt to stress
• increases memory and brain power
• anti-acne properties
• increases endurance and stamina
• reduces symptoms of PMS and menopause
• helps to reduce aches and pains
• strengthens hair and reduces hair loss
Now, onto these amazing pancakes!
With only 5 main ingredients, these pancakes are easy to whip up any day of the week, and they are totally delicious!
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1 egg and 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup natural or greek yoghurt
- 1/3 of a banana
- 1 tsp chia seed
- 1 tsp maca root powder (optional)
- almond milk until desired consistency
- Blend oats in food proccessor until they resemble wholemeal flour
- Add eggs, yoghurt, chia seed, maca, banana and almond milk until desired consistency
- Bend until you have a smooth batter
- Cook pancakes in a pan with a little coconut oil
- Eat those delicious pancakes!
I topped mines with a chocolate sauce I made by melting some rice malt syrup with some cacao and fresh berries! You can add different fruits to the batter before cooking such as blueberries or banans slices, or even cacao nibs! Endless possibilities, enjoy!