Homemade granola or cereal of any kind is not safe in my house, guaranteed I will devour the whole batch within mere hours. If you have a similar addiction you can rest assured that this recipe is low sugar and deliciously nourishing.
Buckwheat is actually the seed of a fruit that is related to rhubarb and sorrel making it a great gluten free option for people with intolerances or sensitivities.
Buckwheat is rich in many trace minerals, including manganese, magnesium and copper. It is also a good source of the B vitamins: B6, pantothenic acid, niacin, folate, thiamin and choline, and on top of all of this it is also a great source of insoluble fibre!
Its all well and good to know how nutritious buckwheat is, but to be honest I really don’t think you will need any encouragement to tuck into this delicious chocolatey crunchy granola!
Crunchy Coconut Buckwheat Clusters
6 cups puffed buckwheat
1 cup desiccated coconut
6 tbsp raw cacao powder
1/2 cup raw buckwheat
1/4 + 1/8th cup melted coconut oil
1/4 + 1/8th cup rice malt syrup
Pre heat a fan forced oven to 160
- Place all ingredients into a large bowl and stir gently until everything is sticky, adding in a small amount of extra rice malt syrup if its not sticky enough
- Pour the mixture onto a lined baking tray and press down gently
- Bake for ten minutes, stir the mix and then press down again and bake for a further ten, watching closely to ensure the edges dont burn
- Allow to cool fully before breaking up into clusters and storing in an airtight container
- Devour the whole batch!…..or a small bowl…