If your from South Australia you will know what I am talking about when I mention fruchocs, for those unfamiliar with these delicious morsels let me introduce you!
Delicious dried peaches and apricots coated in chocolate….thats about it. BUT they are totally delicious and if you don’t love them, your crazy.
However, they are obviously not the healthiest option to consume on a daily basis which is why I had to come up with this healthy version!
I kept it really simple, mainly dried fruit and I used 85% dark chocolate which is the best option but if you can’t handle that dark try to go for at least 70% cacao!
I also made mine quite big but feel free to make them smaller so they last longer! Also remember they still contain a lot of dried fruit so great for an afternoon energy boost but try not to eat the whole lot in one sitting.
Homemade ‘Fruchocs’ – makes 8 large balls
- 150g dried apricots
- 150g dried peaches
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp cashew or almond butter
- 200g 85% dark chocolate
- place all ingredients apart from the chocolate into a food processor and blend until sticky
- Roll into balls of your preferred size and set aside
- Melt chocolate in a small bowl in the microwave in 30 second rounds until fully melted
- roll balls in the melted chocolate using a fork and place onto baking paper and into the fridge to set
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge