If your anything like me and have neighbors on both sides of your house delivering some of the sweetest plums to your front door, then you might also be looking for ways to use up your extra stone fruits! Here I give you the perfect loaf to bake at the end of summer when the weather starts to shift and you still have some ripe stone fruit hanging around.
I have made the loaf using both spelt and brown rice flour making it very low in gluten and more easily digestible for everyone, win win! Plus it is dairy free so great for people with in tolerances.
Plums add a lovely tartness to this loaf which pairs well with the subtle toffee sweetness given by the coconut sugar, feel free to use any other fruits you might have lying around, berries and peaches would work well too.
Olive Oil & Honey Plum Loaf
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cups spelt flour
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 3 free range eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 3-4 plums thinly sliced for topping
- Pre heat fan forced to oven 170 and line a loaf tin with baking paper
- Mix eggs and sugar in a large bowl, stirring until combined
- Add in the rest of the wet ingredients and mix well
- Add all dry ingredients and fold together
- Pour into lined tin
- Top with plum slices
- Place into the oven for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean, if the top is browning too fast cover with foil