Making your own granola or muesli is so simple and it ensure you know exactly what is going into your breakfast, avoiding all of the uneseccary added sugars!
This recipe is super versatile, you can swap or add in any other ingredients you prefer, even stir though some chocolate chips to make it that little bit more indulgent!
A warning though, it is addictive enough as it is, you WILL find yourself in the kitchen with your hand stuffed into the jar and chocolate all over your face.
The hazelnuts in this really make it amazing, they toast up in the oven and add a delicious flavour and crunch, paired with cacao its a match made in heaven! Dried fruits such as dates or goji berries would go really well in here too!I like to serve this granola with cold homemade almond milk and berries! The perfect indulgent yet super nourishing breakfast or snack! Of course it is perfect by the handful straight from the jar too…
Crunchy Choc Hazelnut Granola
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice puffs
- 1/2 cup buckwheat
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1 cup hazelnuts roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut oil – I used H2coco
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- pinch of cinnamon
- Pre heat oven to 160 degrees
- Mix dry ingredients, apart from cacao powder and cinnamon in a large bowl and set aside
- Place coconut oil, peanut butter, rice malt syrup, cacao powder and cinnamon in a small saucepan and melt over a low heat until all combined
- Pour liquid over dry ingredients and stir well to ensure it is all coated
- Place granola mix into a baking tray and press down lightly
- Bake for 30 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes
- Allow to cool in the tray then break up and place in an airtight container
Enjoy! It will last for around 2 – 3 weeks in an airtight container, if it lasts that long! This also makes quite a large batch, so feel free to halve the recipe!