These bars are incredibly indulgent but come with a whole range of health benefits plus, they are gluten free, refined sugar free and can easily be made dairy free!
These are a super quick no – bake dessert which can be made to suit everyone and anyone’s food intolerance’s. The zingy orange flavours in these brownies is incredible. You can add as little or much as you like, I added quite a lot and they are perfect! I bet if you had some candied orange for the topping rather then fresh it would be amaze-balls!
If you haven’t tried raw brownies take this as a sign to get in the kitchen! The mixture of almond meal and dates creates a super sweet chewy dense brownie without any of the usual nasty ingredients found in the regular baked version.
Orange Brownie Slice
- juice 1/2 an orange
- zest of 1 orange
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups dates
- 2/3 cup cacao powder
- 1 + 1/2 cup almond meal
- 100g 80 – 90 % cacao chocolate (can sub for any chocolate you prefer, dairy free, sugar free or even raw)
- 100ml coconut cream
- zest 1/2 an orange – optional
- Orange slices + melted chocolate – for topping
- Place all brownie ingredients into a food processor and blend until it stick together in a ball
- Press brownie mixture into a lined tin and place into the freezer while you make the ganache
- Pour coconut cream in a small saucepan over a low heat
- Add chopped chocolate and orange zest if using
- Stir continuously until combined into a smooth ganache
- Pour over the top of the brownie and place in the fridge to set
- Melt extra chocolate and half dip orange slices into it and allow to set
- Slice up and place orange slices on top
Yum! Serve immediately or store in the fridge.