With the cooler weather upon us it is only natural that I am back to baking and of course that means chocolate.
These are absolutely heavenly. Straight out of the oven, gooey melted chocolate with just a hint of coffee, perfection.
They are also filled with wholegrain oats, antioxidant filled cacao and made without any oil or refined sugar. Really I can’t see why anyone would make the white flour refined sugar free kind of treat when you can make something as simple as these muffins with added health benefits!
You could definitely add in some nuts or even mashed banana to the mix, but they are pretty dang magical on their own.
Just quietly, I bet one of these straight from the oven would be pretty amazing with some coconut ice cream….just saying.
- 1 + 1/2 cup oat flour (I grind my own in a food processor)
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp instant coffee powder
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 3/4 cup natural yoghurt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips + extra to top
- Pre – heat oven to 180°C and line muffin tin
- Combine all dry ingredients apart from chocolate chips in a bowl mixing well
- Combine all wet ingredients in a separate bowl whisking until well combined
- Pour wet into dry and stir until just combined
- Mix through choc chips through
- Pour batter into lined muffin tins and top with extra chocolate
- Bake for 25-28 minutes
If you want to make smaller muffins ensure you bake for a shorter period of time. Enjoy the ooey gooey deliciousness that is these amazing muffins!