Muesli bars are generally considered a healthy option when it comes to snack foods, but in reality most store bought bars are full of refined sugars and preservatives! These babies taste super indulgent, without any highly processed ingredients.
These are super versatile, you could swap up the nuts or even try oats instead of puffed rice. As is though they are already gluten free, vegan, dairy free and refined sugar free! Doesn’t get much better then that!
They are healthy enough to go in your kids lunch box, but indulgent enough to be served as a slice when people are over. I know they wont last long once my partner gets into them!
Chewy Peanut Butter Muesli Bars
- 2 1/2 cups puffed brown rice
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- Line slice tin with baking paper
- Place all dry ingredients into a bowl and mix
- In a small saucepan over a medium heat melt coconut oil, rice malt syruo, peanut butter and vanilla until smooth
- Pour wet mixture over dry ingredients and stir to coat
- Press into slice tin and place in the fridge while you make the chocolate topping
- Place melted coconut oil, cacao and rice malt syrup in a bowl and whisk to combine
- Pour over the slice and spread evenly over the top
- Place back in the fridge to set for an hour or so, slice and serve!
- Store in the fridge
Super easy way to reduce the refined sugars your kids, and yourself, are consuming! Enjoy!