So when my girlfriends are coming over for dinner I know they will be wanting some form of dessert and preferably something stuffed full of chocolate. However, we all know how much women like to complain about their weight and how much they regret eating that ridiculous amount of chocolate cake. I made this tart so that I could give my friends something that would satisfy that chocolate craving whilst giving them something they could feel good about eating!
This tart is made predominantly from just nuts and dried fruits, giving you all the benefits of a healthy snack in an indulgent dessert! It is also gluten free, dairy free AND vegan. Making it the perfect dessert for absolutely everyone!
The addition of cacao nibs to the base mean there are even more health benefits coming from this gorgeous tart. Cacao nibs are cacao beans that have been roasted, separated from their husks, and broken into smaller pieces. We all know dark chocolate is good for us, but raw cacao is even better! Cacao nibs provide magnesium, fibre, antioxidants and iron. So tuck in!
There is really very little to say about this dessert, I think the pictures say it all! Go make it and see for yourself just how indulgent and delicious it is!
Raw Chocolate Peanut Butter Tart
- 2 cups almonds
- 1 1/2 cups dates
- 1/4 cup cacao
- 1/3 cup cacao nibs (optional)
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- tsp vanilla
- 1-3 tbsp almond milk (if mixture too dry)
- 1 cup dates
- 3/4 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup cacao
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- extra peanut butter to swirl
- Preheat your oven to 180°C
- Place all base ingredients into food processor apart from dates and blend
- Add dates slowly whilst blender is going
- If you find the mix is too dry after adding the dates, slowly add a small amount of almond milk until it sticks together between your fingers
- Press base down into tart tin
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes until edges are browning or until cooked to your liking
- Let base cool completely before pouring in filling
- To make the filling just place all ingredients into the food processor and mix until smooth
- Pour into tart case and add dollops of peanut butter on top to then swirl through with the end of a spoon
- Let set in the fridge for a few hours or overnight
Tada! There you have yourself a stunning raw dessert. I recommend serving with fresh berries!