Oats are such a classic healthy filling breakfast, but in the middle of summer, a hot steaming bowl of oats might not go down so well! With this recipe you can have oats all year round, and trust me, these are just as delicious!
Not only is this breakfast stuffed full of hearty oats, it is also full of chia seeds! One of the most common superfoods around today, these tiny seeds certainly pack a nutritious punch! Some of their benefits include…
- complete protein
- Essential Fatty Acids – omega 3 & 6
- Fibre – both soluble & insoluble
- Powerful antioxidants
- Essential minerals including calcium, zinc, iron, phosphorus and magnesium
- Vitamins A, B and E
- No salt, cholesterol, gluten or sugar
- Fights inflammation, regulates immune system and hormones, stabilises blood sugar, cholesterol and blood pressure
They also swell up when soaked and therefore make the consistency of these oats so creamy and delicious and are sure to keep you full up until lunch!
- 1 tblsp chia seed
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1/4 cup natural yoghurt
- 1/2 – 1 cup almond milk depending on how thick you want it
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- sprinkle cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl – it will thicken up, but you can always add more milk in the morning if you want a thinner consistency !
- Refrigerate for two hours or overnight
- Top with desired fruits, nuts and seeds and serve!
Its that easy! Perfect if you don’t have a lot of time in the morning as you could even make it in a jar and take it with you! Yum!