Phwoooar. This slice is amazing. No doubt about it. Even my skeptical other half thinks it is delicious! The best part is, it only uses four ingredients! Doesn’t get much better than that!
When most people think of a healthy fudge recipe they would no doubt assume coconut oil would be used, but I have used coconut butter instead, mainly because I much prefer the taste, but it also gives a great texture in this slice. You could go out and buy coconut butter, but I find its much cheaper, and quicker, to make my own! I posted the recipe for homemade coconut butter up on the blog so go have a quick look!
This recipe is loaded with heart-healthy fats from both the peanuts and the coconut, not to mention the protein and nutrients involved! Peanuts give you the powerful antioxidant vitamin E, bone-building magnesium, muscle-friendly potassium, and immunity-boosting vitamin B6. Eating peanuts can even decrease your risk of heart disease and diabetes! As if you needed any other reason to indulge in this indulgent (healthy!) treat!
Now, onto this amazing recipe!
Peanut Butter Fudge
- 2 cups coconut butter – recipe on previous post
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 tblsp honey
- Warm coconut butter so that is it soft
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl
- Line a tray with baking paper and pour mixture in
- Allow to set in fridge or freezer for 10-20 minutes
- Remove and slice – keep slices in fridge
Yum! Try not to eat it all in one day!